What does psychology have to do with a conference attended by healthy living and fitness bloggers?
If you don’t yet know, look no farther than the name of this blog: your mind, your body. There is no denying the link between physical health and emotional well-being. If you’re unable to cope with stress, depression, anxiety or difficult emotions, it’s going to affect your physical health. And if you struggle with making healthy choices and behaviors, research shows that it can affect your mental health.
To our new visitors attending the Fitbloggin’ conference, hello and welcome! We hope you’ll take a look through our posts and learn more about the mind-body health connection. You may already be aware of it, having experienced your own mind-body health connection story. We’d love to hear more about it. Leave a comment here, telling us about how your mind and body are working together on your journey to good health.
In the meantime, here are some of our posts highlighting the importance of physical fitness, healthy lifestyles and the steps it takes to achieve both.
- Diabetes Surgery: Do Drastic Times Call for Drastic Measures?
- Setting Goals in the Digital Age–More Than Apps
- What You Need to Know About Willpower
- How to Get Healthier and Stress Less at the Same Time
- Can Excessive Tanning Be an Addiction?
- Busy Moms and Exercise: Give Yourself a Gift This Mother’s Day
- Hunger and Your Child – What’s a Parent to Do?
- Kids Learn That Physical Activity Changes Everything
Photo by Ed Yourdon via Flickr