The fourth annual Mental Health Month Blog Day begins tomorrow morning, and we can’t wait to read and share the many, many posts that bloggers everywhere will create, talking about why mental health matters and stigma hurts.
We’ll begin publishing a round-up of submitted links at about 11 a.m. EDT.
Our round-up blog post linking to participating blogs and their mental health blog day-dedicated posts will be updated about every two hours throughout the day until about 5 p.m. EDT. Wednesday. We’ll then take a break from blogging (because sleep is important to good mental health) and add the posts submitted overnight on Thursday morning. We’ll do our best to capture all the posts and submissions throughout the day, but let us know if you think we may have overlooked your post.
Participating is easy.
- Publish a blog post that incorporates mental health’s importance. Tell people why it’s important to you and why it should be important to everyone.
- Include a link back to yourmindyourbody.org or one of its own blog posts.
- Add the “I’m blogging for mental health 2013″ badge to your blog post. Add the badge by copying and pasting the HTML code.
- Share your blog and any blogs you discover or our round-up on posts on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr, Pinterest, or any social networking sites you are on. Use #mhblogday as the tag.
- Keep returning to Your Mind, Your Body throughout the day to see what new blogs have joined the party.
- Find new blogs to read and bloggers to follow! Comment on their posts. Share their links. Spread the word about mental health awareness!
What are you planning to write about? Give us a sneak peek in the comments of this post.