You’ve got to love Zyppah. Seriously! Everything about this snoring mouthpiece is on point, from the design to functionality and effectiveness. Did you even know that Zyppah is the name happy spelled backwards? Yes – that’s happy-Z for you. How about that!
But, is this mouthpiece all hype and no substance? What follows is an in-depth Zyppah review and highlights that make it one of the best anti-snoring devices on the market.
What is Zyppah?
Well, Zyppah is an anti-snoring device. More specifically, it is a Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD). What this means is that it stabilizes your jaw in a way that prevents your soft tissue and tongue from interfering with your breathing pattern during sleep. This is as opposed to Tongue Retaining Devices (TRD) that prevents your tongue from falling back into your throat.
While there is a collection on MADs on the market, Zyppah stands out because of its super thoughtful design. It uses an exclusive tongue-elastic system to prevent snoring. It has an elastic strip at the back that works to ensure your tongue remains in the same position as you sleep.
Dr. Jonathan Greenburg is the brains behind Zyppah. Greenburg is a practicing dentist, with over seven years of experience. He operates five Snore No More Centers across Southern California. The FDA and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) approves Zyppah as safe for human use.
Does Zyppah Work?
Independent Zyppah reviews point out that this snoring mouthpiece indeed delivers what it promises. To better understand what to expect, we’ll first break down exactly how the device works to counter snoring.
For starters, Zyppah features a strap whose work is to keep your tongue down as you sleep. More than that, the band ensures that your tongue maintains the same position for hours. Keep in mind that your tongue plays a critical role in snoring. Zyppah also prevents the vibration of soft tissues in your airway that may cause a blockage.
Zyppah uses what is called boil and bite method to enable you to fit into your mouth with relative ease. To fix it inside your mouth, you will have to submerge it in hot water for about 45 seconds. You will then remove it and allow 10 seconds for the device to cool down. Then, press it onto your lower teeth using your fingers. Align the top by moving your jaw forward and bite down the mouthpiece. Hold down this position for about 60 seconds to create a good impression.
Now that you have an idea of what it takes to fit mouthpiece inside your mouth, it’s time to answer the critical question – does Zyppah really work?
Well, all you need to do to get the answers is to look at what users have to say. Some customers are quick to note that it gives the results within two weeks of consistent use. Others praise the small design that makes Zyppah usable by virtually anyone. And then there those that say it worked for them despite having gag reflexes.
Sure, Zyppah has attracted a hate and love relationship with users. Even then, there’s a lot of positive vibe around it to believe it delivers what it promises.
Zyppah for Sleep Apnea
Zyppah aims to reduce the intensity of your snoring. The result is that you can enjoy sound sleep without the discomfort caused by snoring. It cannot, however, treat sleep apnea. Remember, sleep apnea is a disorder that occurs when there’s interruption of your breathing during sleep. The primary cause of sleep apnea is obesity which eventually leads to relaxation of the tongue and soft tissue. Zyppah does not address the cause of sleep apnea and therefore cannot treat the condition.
- Super stylish design and unique color
- All-in-one functionality that focuses on both tongue and soft tissues. In other words, it uses a comprehensive approach to reduce snoring, unlike most MADs on the market.
- Easy to clean using a toothbrush and toothpaste. Plus, Zyppah offers anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial cleaning foam to enable you to keep your mouthpiece as clean as possible.
- Relatively durable – the device can last for up to 24 months, even with regular use
- The material used to make Zyppah is BPA-free, further guaranteeing the safety of use
- Comes with an airflow hole to allow you to breathe your mouth as you sleep
- It offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee period to enable you to decide if the mouthpiece is for you or not
- 90-day money back guarantee to allow you to buy in confidence
- You have to put in some work to fix the mouthpiece into place. Actually, you need to use a mirror to ensure that the device goes to where it should be
- Some users report drooling and jaw soreness. However, this reduces as you get used to the mouthpiece
- You cannot use Zyppah if you have dentures, bridgework, crowns or if you have lost teeth
- You cannot adjust the deice once you have it inside your mouth
Is the Zyppah Snoring Mouthpiece Worth It?
Truth be told, snoring can affect your ability to sleep. It is a relief, therefore, if you can find a way to stop it or at least reduce the intensity. Zyppah reviews indicate that this device indeed does a brilliant job when it comes to stopping snoring. Sure, it isn’t the only MAD on the market, but it scores considerably well when pitted against similar mouthpieces. Add the durability and ease of use and what you get is an excellent anti-snoring device that you’ll love to have in your mouth when you sleep. Moreover, we think that Zyppah is reasonably priced especially when you consider what it can do. So, if you’ve been struggling with bouts of tongue relates snoring, Zyppah could very well be the remedy you’ve been looking for.